Monday, March 10, 2008

Change of Season


It's been too long since I've last posted and I apologize for being lazy, busy, overwhelmed.....etc. It has been an awesome experience this semester. First, I'll detail my life outside of coaching:

I picked up four classes as an adjunct professor. I teach in the Health and Human Performance department in First Aid/CPR and Weight Training classes. Not too bad and there's not a lot of preparation for me. However, I also teach two courses for Bossier Parish Community College, which meets on campus of NSU. My undergraduate degree is in Physical Education and coaching, while my master's degree is in Sports Management. So when seeking other courses to teach, I was presented the option of teaching........College Algebra! That's right math. I am teaching entry level math for the community college. It's not been too difficult, as I have teaching and presentation material to help prepare for class. I only have to be one step ahead of the class to look like a genius. And trust me I'm no genius, let alone a math whiz. But it has helped to stretch me professionally and learn to communicate better. That's what I'm telling myself anyway.

As far as baseball goes, the season is 13 games old and the schedule is pretty brutal. We play games on Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. We have Monday off with a practice on Thursday.

We played at Ole Miss, who was #2 in the country, and got beat pretty good. We travel to New Orleans tomorrow to play #23 Tulane University and I'll post more on Thursday.

The Demons will have a new website up tomorrow and will post the link so you can follow details of our games if you would like.

No comments: