Saturday, September 15, 2007

Southern Bound Travel

What a whirlwind of a week! I'll get into some details about my first week here at NSULA. But I wanted to share some thoughts on my trip down south. I left last Saturday and had a quick trip down to KC, MO. I spent the night at my uncle's house and had a good visit with them. I left for Arkadelphia, AR the next morning to spend the night with one of the coaches from the KC Grays team, Dirk Kinney. He just started at a NCAA DII school (Ouchita Baptist University) as the pitching coach and I was able to watch a few bullpen sessions with pitchers working out. This was a great opportunity to catch up with Dirk and continue to split up the trip. I was able to relax and watch the Cowboys beat up on the Giants.

Some of observations I had as I was driving down from Minnesota:
  • How flat the Midwest really is
  • The hills of Arkansas and how beautiful those mountains were
  • The pace of life really slows down in the South, I forgot about that
  • Down in the bayou of Louisiana feels a long way from Rochester

I arrived on campus of Northwestern around 10 am and literally got to work. It was a smooth drive down, but I did have to replace a O2 sensor in my car before I left Rochester! The car ran well after that and I had no other problems. It was a good trip and I'm glad to be here.

No comments: